BREAKING NEWS AND IT’S A GAME CHANGER.
The boss of an adult entertainment company offers her employees half hour daily masturbation breaks after finding they had become ‘agitated’ during lockdown.
Erika Lust, boss of Erika Lust Films, is hoping to ‘normalise’ masturbation by allowing her 36 members of staff a half-hour masturbation break every day and has even set up a private ‘masturbation station’ at the office.
She launched the initiative to coincide with Masturbation Month, which is coincidentally May, but plans to allow staff to make the most of the extra 30-minute break for the rest of the year.
Erika said: “I value my employees and I know that when they feel good, we do good work.”
“With the pandemic and the huge shift in how we live our lives, I began to notice that my employees had become somewhat agitated and were performing with less energy than before.”
“So, knowing that there’s only one thing that will make everyone feel good, I’ve set up a private masturbation station for them to enjoy.”
And her employees are happy with the new rules – with one claiming it helps to relieve stress.
Is it insane or inappropriate if you’ve already tried a handful of M words? You’ve tried Meditation and made a conscious effort to be Mindful, replaced your mocha with a Matcha yet you’re still tense and experiencing an overload of stress?
You can be your own solution using your ‘favourite’ hand. The topic of conversation in the staff room is that a masturbation break could provide amazing benefits of stress relief – only faster, cheaper, and with a smile thrown in for free. But could – should? – we touch ourselves at work? The results of a recent Time Out survey, concluded 39% of us do so, and since the pandemic, that number is on the rise. More so than covid cases.
The poll results have amazed me, for one, I didn’t think people would be that honest about it and for two, I feel like this really is a game changer for leading a happier work life!
Considering the benefits of masturbation, I’m thinking why has this not been promoted for good health and stress relief in the work place before? I guess it’s kind of taboo and if masturbation at work was promoted in such a way, people would then ask well why can’t we have sex at work? That’s a whole different conversation but for now here is some beneficial information;
- Masturbation causes dopamine, a chemical associated with pleasure, to be released into your body. Simply put, dopamine makes you feel good and puts you in a better mood. On top of that, the hormone oxytocin, which is released during orgasm, lowers cortisol levels. Cortisol is a main stress hormone, and is usually present in high levels in stressed out people. Touching yourself and climaxing can boost these chemicals and, in result, help you feel more at peace.
- Your self-esteem and body image are linked to your overall well-being including your stress levels. Having poor self-esteem may make it harder for you to deal with everyday stressors. Not to mention, being self-deprecating takes a lot of energy. Being kind to yourself can take some stress off your plate. One way to practice self love is, well, making love to yourself!
- We all know sleep deprivation is no good for stress, so before you turn to sleeping pills, why not turn to masturbation — with or without the help of a magic wand? An orgasm can act like a sedative to help you wind down after a long, stressful day and tire you out for bed, because climaxing releases hormones like prolactin and oxytocin, which get you nice and sleepy. Bonus: getting a good night’s sleep boosts your libido. Win, win.
- Physical pain can really be a nuisance and add onto your stress levels. Masturbation resulting in orgasm can release chemicals called endorphins, which have pain killing properties. They interact with the opiate receptors in your brain to alter your perception of pain. These are the same chemicals that are released after a long exercise session or… eating some dark chocolate.
- Masturbation comes with a whopping 0% chance of contracting STDs or getting pregnant! Those who find themselves unable to relax during sex with a partner, because of the possible risks, can let themselves go solo. The safest sex you can have is solo sex!
I’m starting to think the percentage is higher than people are letting on. But whether you’re on board with stroking the magic bean or bashing your bishop while on the clock or not, you can be sure it’s happening in a toilet near you.
Enjoy, and don’t forget to sanitise after playtime,